We are really happy that YMCA Gabrovo is partcipating in the Project: Tool M&E Up! - Tools for monitoring and evaluation of learning activities in youth projects under the Erasmus+ programme with the leading orgisation Fundația „Alături de Voi” România (ADV).
The fisrt activity has already happened and it was a TC for Youth Worker that took place between 21 and 28 May 2017 in Busteni,Romania.
The next step is implementation of a pilot activity in every partner organisation and also Mobility 2 - Transnational seminar for identifying and exploiting the capacity-building factors as instruments for future participatory monitoring and evaluation for impact assessment (7 days mobility in Gabrovo, Bulgaria: 5 days activity and 2 days travel), that will respond to Objective 3: Support the exchange of experience, good practices and the elaboration of at least 9 project proposals in the field of participatory methods of monitoring and evaluation for impact in youth work among 27 representatives from 9 partner organizations.
Some more information about the project:
The aim of the project is to improve the quality of learning activities before, during and also after the project within NGOs working with and for youth through the effective use of creative monitoring and evaluation techniques (M&E).
Traditional approaches to M&E, involving often highly technical and specialized methods, may:
1. not be fully conducive to being implemented on the ground, due to lack of knowledge or understanding of M&E among non-specialist implementers;
2. not be seen as integral to the intervention;
3. not be entirely capable of reflecting both intended and unintended outcomes of the intervention;
4. not participatory or inclusive enough.
So, the range of “commonly acceptable” M&E tools needs to be broadened and adapted to innovative methods.
Therefore, besides traditional, commonly standardized M&E tools (such as questionnaires, focus group discussions, interviews, etc.), alternative M&E tools (e.g. storytelling, performing arts, fine arts, photo monitoring, video documenting, etc.) will be considered in the capacity building activities of the project.
We will tackle the following aspects:
1. Quantity and quality of the implemented activities (outputs: What do we do? How do we manage our activities?)
2. Processes inherent to a project or program (outcomes: What were the effects /changes that occurred as a result of your intervention?)